EPA provides ”A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture and your Home”
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has created a publication to provide information and guidance for homeowners and renters on how to clean up residential mold problems and how to prevent mold growth.
The contents of the publication cover the following topics:
- Mold Basics
- Why is mold growing in my home?
- Can mold cause health problems?
- How do I get rid of Mold?
- Mold Cleanup
- Who should do the cleanup?
- Mold Cleanup Guidelines
- What to wear when cleaning moldy areas
- How do I know when the remediation or cleanup is finished?
- Moisture and mold prevention and control tips
- Actions that will help to reduce humidity
- Actions that will help prevent condensation
- Testing or sampling for mold
- Hidden mold
- Cleanup and biocides
- Additional Resources